We develop and empower our team
Our staff is critical to our success, and as the landscape of tertiary education continues to change, our people must be equipped to deliver the best experience to students and stakeholders.
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to grow and achieve their potential, therefore, we develop and invest in our staff. We lead, inspire, and empower with effective succession planning to develop and promote talent within our organisation.
We aim to be a socially progressive employer.
We promote a culture of positivity, integrity and respect, fostering ambition and empowerment, with a shared understanding of our Vision, Mission and Values to ensure our success.
Would you like to be part of our team?
"It’s an incredibly exciting time to be joining Fife College. It comes on the back of a recent announcement of a new £90M campus to be built in Dunfermline. We are increasing both our part-time and HE provision across all our locations and working with employers and community organisations. We aim to put our students at the centre of everything we do. Can you help us do this?"
Sue Reekie, Chief Operating Officer
We're searching for a PR & Public Affairs Lead
You will work proactively across the organisation to develop, implement and evaluate PR and public affairs strategy and plans, ensuring their alignment to the organisations strategy and objectives.
Key duties in role:
- Develop a programme of proactive PR designed to enhance the profile of business and build trust and respect in the community.
- Through effective communication and a consistent flow of news stories in the media, ensure that all communications reflect the vision, mission and values and highlight key communication messaging.
- Manage reactive press and political enquiries, including taking lead role in developing crisis communications and holding statement requirements
- Monitor press coverage and oversee the press scanning service, providing access to staff of relevant stories.
- Liaise with external partners where required to facilitate opportunities which maximize publicity of joint working initiatives
Key experience required:
- Experience of working in PR including, developing and implementing PR strategy and plans; liaising with the media, handling sensitive enquiries and arranging press calls and photography.
- Experience of building strong relationships with the media (local, national, print, online and broadcast) to maximise media coverage and enhance corporate reputation.
- Well-honed political and diplomatic skills to enable effective liaison with politicians at all levels
- In depth exposure measuring media coverage and evaluating and reporting its effectiveness
- Experience of strong creative writing skills – press releases, thought leadership articles, feature articles, profile pieces, blogs, etc.
If the above sounds like you, please get in touch to discuss with us!
Cycle to Work Scheme
Free Study at Fife College
46 days holiday entitlement
Local business discount
Local Government Pension Scheme
Family Friendly Policies
Employee Assistance Programme
Paid Volunteering Days (2 days per year)