THINK OUTSIDE THE BANK
People are at the heart of everything we do. From the business owner seeking a loan to buy new equipment, to the investor looking for a better return on their money, people turn to us because we’re better than a bank.
We’ve built an innovative platform that connects investors and borrowers, but our people play a vital role in every step of the journey. We’re a small team with a collaborative culture, working across every part of the business and learning from each other every day.
This is a fast-growing business, so our people are constantly building on their skills and focusing their efforts to deliver the best results for our clients.
Having recently completed a £2 million external funding round, and with a strong pipeline of investor and borrower demand, LendingCrowd is making a real impression in the fast-growing alternative finance market.
As part of our drive to build market position and bring peer-to-peer lending to an even wider audience, we’ve launched our first television advertising campaign.
This is being supported by continued investment in technology, including new mobile apps and automated processes.
We are searching for a number of motivated, confident and enthusiastic Business Development Managers to join the team across Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen.
The role of BDM is to engage with new and existing commercial brokers (introducer/referral partners) and business owners daily through F2F, telephone and e-mail correspondence. You will help LendingCrowd's introducers understand the company’s funding options and services and how they can support their clients with their funding requirements.
The role involves a pro-active approach in helping introducers/business owners through the customer journey from initial application to loan auction and funds release/drawdown. This involves a focus on outbound/inbound communications to maximise the applications received from all sources.
Requirements for this role:
- Build rapport with referral partners to develop lasting relationships
- Gather financial information to support lending applications
- Liaise with internal credit teams daily to analyse and convert lending opportunities.
- A confident, patient and flexible approach to business development
- Contacting new clients from leads provided and your own leads
- Ability to build up a strong network of commercial brokers
- Previous experience within a Business Development role would be advantageous or someone working as a Relationship Manager within FS looking to take that next step up
- Must have the ability to go out and generate leads and be confident working towards sales targets
- An enthusiasm about working in an innovative area of finance would be great
- Excellent rapport building skills
- Strong organisational skills
Role offers a competitive salary with fantastic potential earnings through the bonus scheme. There is good flexibility as the position can be worked from home or the office. This is a unique opportunity to get into the company at an early stage where you can help shape the business as it starts to scale.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to learn more, please get in touch!