Working at Graham's
A genuine family business, the company was founded in 1939 by Robert Graham in Bridge of Allan, Stirlingshire, where he reared 12 cows, milked them by hand then made all deliveries by horse and cart. From their family farm in the heart of Scotland, Graham’s has grown through three generations and is now Scotland’s largest independent dairy since setting up in Bridge of Allan in 1939.
Today more than half of Scotland’s households buy Graham’s products and they are now proudly Scotland’s No.1 Dairy and Food Brand.
We're searching for a PR Manager
Do you have fantastic connections within business and consumer press?
We are searching for a talented PR candidate to join the Marketing team within Scotland’s largest independent dairy company to help drive Business, Trade and Consumer coverage. The successful candidate will have FMCG/Consumer PR experience (due to the nature of the business) and have established media contacts both at a national and regional level.
- Liaising with local, regional and national media to promote news stories from a consumer and business perspective.
- Looking at opportunities to obtain editorial coverage on the back of advertising spend with selected publications and radio stations.
- Ensuring the websites are updated with latest approved releases and links to coverage are shared on social media accounts.
- Driving the organisation’s PR strategy through a thorough understanding of the brand vision and its customer base
- Continually driving news ideas and taking ownership of brand projects to deliver successful outcomes and continually looking for new opportunities to effectively target consumers through the right media channels to build sales and loyalty
- Taking full responsibility for moving the PR function in house to reduce reliance on an agency-based structure and take control of the PR communications for the brand
- Continually scoping new opportunities for increasing brand awareness and profile building through strategic PR activities
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and external agencies to ensure efficient and timely implementation of all brand PR activities.
- Regular reporting on the effectiveness of campaigns and tactical activities – utilising both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Developing and executing a strong regional PR and events programme to support plans
- Seeking out and proactively researching brand PR opportunities to drive regional and local press coverage
- Proven experience of driving PR strategy and planning, implementing and evaluating successful PR campaigns, within FMCG/Consumer PR
- Be aware of the latest trends in the industry
- A strong knowledge of relevant offline and online media channels will be essential to ensure PR opportunities are maximised.
- To succeed, you will have a knack for building relationships internally and externally and have a strong network of contacts (press, bloggers, influencers) within the industry.
- Bright, smart, strategic, a quick leaner and an ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines and happy working in a fast-paced operation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong character who can negotiate challenging situations for the best outcome for the business
- An innovative and creative approach – a doer and go getter, a relentless executer, with the ability to hit the ground running
- Proven organisational skills, attention to detail and an understanding of budgeting
- Resilience and drive, with the desire to succeed
Your vibrant personality will make you adept at engaging with both colleagues and customers as much of this role will involve attending events and exhibitions both instore and at festivals. You will know how to promote a brand in an engaging and dynamic way to a range of audiences.
This is a rare opportunity to take on an integral role within this established and well respected FMCG brand. Your attitude will be as important as your experience. To be successful you will be able to demonstrate proven experience across consumer PR.
If you have the skills and experience required to shine in this job, and you’re interested in finding out more about this rare opportunity, then please apply today!
If you'd like to find out more about this opportunity, please contact:
Nicki Denholm on 0131 554 6191 or
Christina Krajewski on 0131 553 9960
Graham's the family dairy
Airthrey Farm Cottage
Bridge of Allan